Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Mack, is that paint on the front sight or did you have something milled into place?

It is just fingernail polish.

Now days I use some "Traffic Cone Orange" stuff I found on amazon.

I had done that in the past on one revolver... I just did a second one after putting on a white primer coat first. It makes the florescent yellow polish I used "pop" more. I got into hand guns through bullseye target shooting as a kid and then after I turned 21 and could get a purchase permit in the gulag of NY State all my deer hunting was with hand guns (no rifle season and the shotgun slugs back then were not accurate).

I didn't get a concealed carry permit until 10 years ago. I put a laser grip on my first 638 and could not believe how accurate that little gun was.... until the cylinder started to just slide off. The tab of metal on the frame was undersized. Gun shop exchanged it for a new on and it was no where near as accurate. Gun shop said S&W would say it met accuracy standards so I took a chance and traded it in at a loss for a 3rd 638. This one shoots as well as the first did and they cylinder stays on. My wife then decided it was "hers". grin

Please don't feed the trolls!