As we speak I've got a Colt Detective Special on my belt. Truth is I am so enamored with EDC revolvers I could carry a different one everyday for a while. My hands down favorite is a 3" Ruger SP101. I don't like the original grips and I'm big enough to carry mine with better grips. I always have a C/A Bulldog 44 Special close by. I've carried a couple of variations of the Ruger LCR many a day. And I'm old enough to have spent a lot of time with Ruger Six Series whether, Speed Six, Service Six, or Security six all of which are 2-3/4" except for the postal model which is 3".

That brings up, "How much sight radius would you want? I'm talking in terms of fighting back against a determined attacker." As tanker jockey said don't discount them till you try them. It's amazing how well they can be shot. Course I also like S&W's including and especially the S&W 66's with the 2-1/2" barrel if you just have to have "real" sights. Plenty to be said about the 3" Ruger GP's of those I prefer the 44 Special as well

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain