Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Switch

Was he carrying the Colt Python with a 6" barrel concealed? Doubt it. If I had to go out of my home to help a police officer in the situation you described I would have grabbed my shotgun witch is right by the outside door loaded with #3 buck, probably as handy as getting the Colt out of the place he stored it .Killed coyotes out to 65 yards out my back door. I'm more inclined to carry a small gun rather than a big revolver witch is left at home because it is hard to conceal. In the summer I usually wear a tee shirt and conealment is impossible.Try pulling a 6" python from an inside the pant holster. BTY I think 5 would do the job for sure! To each his own!

But the story goes against the principle you proposed that a long range shot would always be unjustified.

What ever! Not going to get in a pissin match with you, no gun is perfect. Scope a Red Hawk 454 and carry it in your back pocket. Then when you get a chance to shoot a bad guy or help a cop at 300 yards you'll be good! No more "what if's.

Last edited by Switch; 04/03/21.