Originally Posted by tankerjockey
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by Waders
Originally Posted by Cariboujack

That brings up, "How much sight radius would you want? I'm talking in terms of fighting back against a determined attacker."

I'm still sorting that one out.

I like the larger grip of the 66. Right now I'm leaning toward buying a 3" or 4" 66. If not, then just schlepping the 2.5" 66.
You really think you'd gain much if you went from a 2 1/2" to a 3" or even a 4"? I can see wanting the 4" with a square butt. At this point in time though, you could probably just order some grips that would simulate the square buttedness of the older 4" guns, if that is your desire. Personally, I can see buying one to gain 1/2" or 1 1/2" in sight radius and velocity. If it's just getting another gun, then go for it, as it sounds like money is no object. Personally, I ALWAYS consider the money and would continue to do so even if I hit the Powerball.

Check out the Governor. It is slightly larger than your gun but surprisingly light and you're gonna gain the ability to go with a bunch of different rounds. The right holster, and it is almost as concealable especially during times of heavier attire.

It is not a big gain in velocity or in sight radius going from a 2” or 2.5 in barrel to a 3” .. The bigger difference is with a 3” you also gain a full length ejector rod to aid in fully ejecting spent cases and in turn, a much cleaner and faster reload.
There are a lot of small nuances in using and getting the most return from carrying a revolver. There are some notable advantages even, but you have to work at it and commit to it.
Les

Savvy advice for sure...