Originally Posted by RGK
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Originally Posted by RGK

This works if you have to keep a low profile. I still carry this daily in retirement. Preferable (to me) to a semi, but I'm not expecting a reinforced Haji rifle squad.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Curious about the taped grip. Throw down like The Godfather bathroom stashed piece? wink

No, it's not a "throwdown". Never had to plant anything on the people I arrested (or shot). This 442 has a set of plastic stocks on it that give a better grip, but are very slick, especially in hot, humid weather. The solution was the sticky electrician's tape, which also helped secure the revolver in my back pocket when I was buying narcotics. I never carried it in a holster or carried extra ammo when I was buying; cops wear nice holsters and carry spare ammo, bad guys don't. Plus, the tape made the gun look like a crook's stolen gun. That impression worked a couple of times when the 442 was spotted. I didn't purchase any dope those times, but I didn't have to fight, either.
Bob

Wrapping tape around the grip works.

I use hockey tape. Along with various pieces of material over the years on the backstrap to help mitigate the recoil from shooting it a bunch.

People who see it in person often comment about its unconventional looks until they handle it. Then the lightbulb comes on. Shooting it really is educational compared to a non modified one, especially during a long session.

I have over 5 K rounds through this J Frame in the last 20+ years. Only replaced a broken firing pin (so far).

I don't carry it as a primary, but it is rarely far away.

A fresh wrap of hockey tape and it is Good to Go!

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com