Originally Posted by Waders
For all those suggesting 5-shot J Frames, I appreciate your input, but is that really the gun you want for a gunfight? It's a serious question, not a criticism. Size and weight aren't going to be the deal breaker here for me (within reason--I'm probably not going to opt for an N Frame with a 8 3/8" barrel).

If somebody was waiting for me in the parking lot and the fight was on, I'm thinking I'd want a real rear sight--not just a notch, and bit more grip than the typical 2 finger. How much sight radius would you want? I'm talking in terms of fighting back against a determined attacker.

Thanks!

I would think that if he was that close, adequate sights would would not be the problem. There is a reason some call them "belly guns". I carry an S&W M60 and Pachmeyr makes nice set of stocks that allows me to use all the fingers of my hand. I do admit that my main cary piece is a Colt Combat Commander .45 ACP and the M60 is my bug. But sometimes the .45 has to stay at home and the M60 becomes my primary. As the weather here warms up, it becomes quite difficult to hide that .45 when mode of dress is a T-shirt and jeans.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE