I grew up in a Church of God family in rural Alabama. Church of God people are very similar to Baptists. Which leads me to one of the first problems I had with Christianity. If you Christians are all studying this one undeniable truth laid down in the Bible by God then how come there are 200 different denominations of Christianity in the US alone. (Far more than that world wide) Why isn't there just one church called Christian. Seems like even among Christians you guys can't get together on the one true path.

But one of my main problems is what a ridiculous system of justice the Christian god has arranged. Lets look at two case studies shall we.

Example one is a gentleman who is born in India. His parents are Hindu. All the people in his town are Hindu. All the people in his entire region of the country are Hindu. So surprise, surprise, he grows up to be a Hindu. Just like all of you would have if you had been born where he was. But I digress. This guy lives a peaceful honorable life. He doesn't lie, cheat or steal. He marries a woman and is very good to her. Takes care of her, never cheats on her, never harms her. They have some children who he also cares for like a very loving father. Works his ass off to provide for them. And eventually he passes away never having harmed a living soul on this earth. But he was a Hindu so for the sin of being a member of the predominate religion where he was born his soul is flung into a pit of fire where he burns and screams and suffers for all eternity without any hope of it ever ending. What a just punishment for such an evil man. Right? But it gets better. Lets examine case number 2.

Example two is a guy who was born in America. This guy spends most of his adult life raping and killing small children. In fact he runs up a total of about 30 boys under the age of 12 that he anally sodomized and then finished off by slitting their throats. Eventually he is captured and convicted of these crimes and rightfully sentenced to death. Luckily for him however he happened to be born where the one special correct religion was being taught. So as he is being led down the hallway on death row to the execution chamber to be put to death he decides to turn his life over to Jesus Christ. You know, all 6 minutes of it that he has left. And if in that one moment he really means it then he goes to heaven to party with god and Jesus in eternal bliss forever. Wow! What a great system of cosmic justice that makes great sense. Surely, only a god could devise a system this fair. But as a side benefit I guess that second guy will be an interesting soul for you guys to talk to in heaven. I mean you guys can tell him hunting stories and he can describe to you what it's like to slit a kids throat while you still have your penis up his rectum. You guys will just be best buds for all eternity together.

And spare me the cliche "We are saved by grace not deeds" horse manure. To me that is just a feeble line concocted by men to try and excuse a system under which such examples as above are possible. If the best your god can come up with is a system where Hitler gets the same punishment in the afterlife as a guy who just ate meat on a Friday then your god is either a monster or an idiot and I think that I will hold out for a better deity.

Last edited by Willto; 03/30/21.