Originally Posted by efw
I like discussing ideas and although I am a bit set in my ways I’m open to being corrected if a strong case is made.

I don’t consider it my place to debate Christianity with non-believers. If someone asks me an honest question I’ll do my best to give an honest answer. I also try to conduct myself recognizing that non-believers may be lurking who want answers and I don’t want to stand in the way of that person seeing the truth of our Lord and His story.

I really enjoy learning about the different faith traditions that make up historic Christianity. I don’t mind a good back and forth discussion/“argument” if it’s respectful, and do July best to uphold that on my side as well. I have run across a couple individuals here who were believers but violated their own professed convictions constantly when calling me out. To me that is hypocritical and I did not pull any punches in saying so.

I do my best not to offend but occasionally get a little wrapped up in the hostility that creeps into these anonymous debates where a human face isn’t before us. For that I am genuinely sorry.

At the end of the day this is the internet and we shouldn’t take ourselves or especially it too seriously.

Well said.

That being said, im not driven to investigate and post on the DU, and im not referring to you when i say this.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin