Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Originally Posted by jaguartx
I was really headed towards being an atheist, but all the atheists cramming all their unbeliever crap down my throat has really turned me from beimg an atheist. You guys really pissed me off cramming your unreligious crap on me, so i just decided im going to be a bliever instead.
Really. Its alls ur fault. U didit. Aint on me. I tried to warn you. Beg me r ill doit. Ok. That settles it.

To hell with yall. Im A Believer As of Now.

I was really headed towards being a believer, but all the believers cramming all their believer crap down my throat, coupled with their very non-Christian forum posts, has really turned me from being a believer. You guys really pissed me off cramming your religious crap on me, so i just decided I'm going to be a nonbeliever instead.

Really. Its all's your fault. You did it. Ain't on me. I tried to warn you. Beg me or I'll do it. Ok. That settles it.

To hell with y'all. I'm a Nonbeliever As of Now.

Actually, some of my post does not reflect my actual thinking, but the point is simply that cramming stuff down people's throats is a two way street. In addition, the self-righteous stuff spouted by a lot of non-righteous people is a big turn off. If the messengers are that messed up, it makes one wonder about the message.
I post some raw stuff. I am a Christian but I've never claimed to be perfect or a good one.

I am probably way too laid back to push my religion on somebody. I should probably do it more. When you think about it, using logic, if there really is only one way to heaven (and I believe there is) then are you not doing your fellows a favor by pushing that way as hard as you possibly can since this life is short and finite whereas eternity is long and infinite? If you could push and prod and berate people into Heaven, shouldn't you? I don't believe you can force somebody to believe. I think belief and faith are a gift and no amount of force from a man, short of God Himself, Jesus, can cause a man to believe.

Non-believers many times IMO, see simple presentation of God's side of things as "pushing religion on them". The world pushes all sorts of alternative religion, including the religion of no religion, off on non-believers every day, yet they fail to see this.

"The god of this world has blinded their eyes." I seem to remember reading that somewhere.

As you said, you can't force someone into belief, not can you badger or harass them into it either. I think the best you can do is give them a reason to think you have something they might want. Bibles are widely available throughout most countries, certainly North America, and churches too. Its not a lack of access that is keeping people away. If Christians really want to do as the Bible says, they should look to their conduct more than their preaching. A "Christian" who behaves badly is not only not going to win any converts, he will actively discourage any possible conversion. How do you think God would feel about that? Many, many Christians would be much farther ahead to make no mention of their religion until such a time that they could conduct themselves in a manner that at the very least won't turn people off.

I'm not as old as some here, but there are a few things I've learned over the years. People who simply are trying to live up to the teachings of Christianity are usually good people, and nice to be around. But, if you meet someone who leads with their religion, making sure you know from the get go that they are Christians and taking every opportunity to remind you of it, there is something wrong. I've seen it too many times, growing up in church and around religious people. In person or online, when i run into one of these folks the alarm bells go off.