Originally Posted by 1minute
My thought after several years of reflecting is: religion is basically a tool to explain the unexplainable and a means of directing behavior.

I also hope that if there are indeed afterlife rewards that regardless of whether one is Hindu, Christian, Buddhist, or whatever he will gain entry if he lived a good life.

1. Yer prolly the first to ever come up with that revolutionary idear. Im not sure several years of reflecting can let us know more truth than HIS message to us in the form of the Bible. I figure those believers who HE had deliver HIS message to HIS kids and the suffering they endured to deliver it may carry more authenticity re what HE wanted us to know than the diverse results of a diverse people doing several years of reflecting.

After years of reflecting i wonder just which sheep shagger came up with teh idea that he ought to print down his idea saying the Bible is adequate for reproach ........ I gurantee the author of that had a high IQ. In fact, that required an IQ high enough to know many would try to find the message they were comfortable with by doing several years of reflecting.
Im thinking the statement that one should not lean on their own understanding to be quite enlightening also. The shephard who jotted that down was pretty sharp too. Why, its almost as if that shephard knew all about you, many years before your parents did. Scarey smart.

2. You know what they say, "hope in one hand and .......".

Just so you know, I hope i win the publishers clearing house sweepstakes. wink

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/30/21.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin