Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Where else does that come from if not His Word, the Bible?
Jesus ‘can’ reveal Himself in any manner He chooses. God doesn’t ‘only’ reveal Himself through the Bible. Jesus isn’t bound by the covers of a book. The fact that none of the apostles, and none of the many early first century followers of Jesus had the Bible clearly didn’t interfere with their salvation, or their ability to have communion with God. Not having a Bible was clearly not an issue with any of em’.
Matthew told of Jesus before there ever was ‘the Bible’, so did Mark, so did Luke, so did John, so did Peter, so did James (the brother of Jesus), and so did Paul...all separate accounts of Jesus, independent from one another...centuries before they were ever bound together and included in ‘the Bible’.
My perspective anchors to the event of the resurrection rather than to the authority of ‘the Bible’. I don’t take what the above men said seriously because their documents are in the Bible; I think their documents were included in the Bible because these men were eyewitnesses and early Jesus followers understood the value of their documents. So where some might choose to cross-examine the Bible, it’d be more appropriate to cross-examine Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Peter, James, and Paul...all separate accounts of Jesus...independent from one another.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.