Drover, you make a lot of sense. I’ll turn 80 next February. I’ve always loved rifles. When I was a poor college student, I sporterized a Jap rifle my uncle brought back from the war and gave to me. I killed a lot of deer with that rifle and its peep sight. In my early 40’s I bought a Remington 700 in .270 and used it for years — largely influenced by Jack O’Connor. As I became more financially mature, I started adding rifles. Many of them are customs of the “old school” — fine wood and beautiful bluing. I have some done by Al Biesen and/or his son Roger. Jim Kobe has had a hand in providing several really nice rifles, either from scratch or very significant modifications. For years now I’ve had the frustration of having to choose which rifle to take on a particular hunt. I have one beautiful custom that I have never killed anything with.

If I had it to do over I don’t know if I would do anything different. But from what I know now, a guy could do a lot worse than buying a NULA in 30-06. However, I am planning to take my 375 H&H to Africa next year. 😃

Last edited by WoodsyAl; 11/15/21.

Al

Spend your life wisely.