Like John, I'll turn 69 in a few weeks. My life of gunnery has taken many turns - if I had every gun I've owned there wouldn't be room to turn around in my nest. I don't know whether to label myself as being fickle or prone to being bored easily. (Could explain why I was married twice but am not now, and have had so many girlfriends I can't begin to remember them all in one sitting.)

One thing I know JB and I have in common is we both bought Remington 700's in .243 at about the same time in the early 70's. I coulda/shoulda/woulda done all my deer hunting with that one rifle for the last half-century, but it went the way of the wind after a couple years because, well, I got bored with it. Besides, the search for the perfect deer rifle, shotgun, .22, etc. is as fulfilling and exciting as the "finding" is. That pretty much defines my experience with women too. And British cars. And fly rods. And....

I'm doomed. (But I wouldn't be if I could locate a cheap Mannlicher-Schoenauer 6.5x54, or an affordable Rigby Ballard .32-40, or a...)

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty