Like several of you I just turned 68 and now I'm wondering what to do with everything in my gun lockers. I got into AR's about 12 years ago and I built way too many of them. My son can't use all of them so I have decided to reduce the numbers. I find I just can't seem to let them go. I built all of them but one and they are like my kids, I don't want to lose one. I have tried trading them but everyone wants to make a killing. I'm finding bolt actions are the direction I want to go. But, I have a .308 and several .223's. I have 3 12gauges and several .22's. Really, what more does a guy need ? I don't want to burden my wife with them and my son only needs a few. He is not a hunter, just a pleasure plinker. I enjoy reloading almost as much as shooting.

Although I remember a day when all I had was a double barrel Stevens 20 gauge and I used it for everything. Deer, pheasants, quail and even duck hunting. My .22 rifle was a Coast to Coast semi auto with a 5 shot "clip" my dad bought for me when I graduated 8th grade. No one in my family owned a gun, hunted or even fished. I had to learn it on my own. I spent many a day off hunting quail and pheasants with friends in fields that are no longer opened to us locals. They are leased out and posted no trespassing. One spot even has a number of houses on it in what used to be an old rail road right of way. Myself and some friends chased out a ton of quail there one day. Man, it was fun !

Like many of you I know I need to downsize in the near future and the wife wants to move to a condo or town home. (what a disgusting idea !) I really don't want to haul all of this stuff across town to a "retirement village" but the day is coming. I know what I need to keep and I know what needs to go but I'm having separation anxiety just thinking about it. They are all works of art to me. My personal treasures.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.