Interesting to read and take in what you guys are saying. My father started my love of firearms at a young age. Spent my weekends watching him shoot trap and skeet with his model 12’s and hunt rabbits with his Parker and Fox side by sides. None of which were collector grade, just field grade working guns. Parents gave me a chipmunk 22LR for my fifth birthday and a 870LW Wingmaster 20ga three barrel set for my sixth birthday. Dad gave in a few years later and let me have his Winchester 43 in 218 Bee for groundhog hunting. Received a Remington 700 270 Winchester for a birthday around the age of 10. Used those guns until I had my own means of income to buy others.

Approaching my late 30’s and a few guns later, I realize my old man was setting me up to save money for hunting trips and not guns. However we all know how that works out for guys like us.I have a 5 year old son and began buying him guns before he was born. Hopefully he will share some of the same memories I experienced growing up. My father turns 70 in a couple weeks. Over the past ten years he has resorted back to using the same few rifles/shotguns he used when he was my age.