Man, this is a depressing thread...After closing down my mother's house last year and looking at doing the same for my wife's mother's house in the next couple of months, she is wanting me to start downsizing my collection of "stuff." She doesn't want our sons to be burdened getting rid of my stuff after I'm gone. Trying to get in the swing of things, I threw away a Shooting Times magazine I'd had since the 1970's and a Handloader magazine from 2010. She's not to impressed so far.

Like most that have responded to this thread, I'm getting older. Just hit 70 a couple of months ago and I have accumulated some rifles that I haven't shot in many years. I tend to collect deer rifles. A lot of those rifles remind me of times and friends long gone and I hate to even consider selling one. I have given some of my better firearms to my sons, but like another said they really aren't into the firearms of my generation. So I'm going to be getting rid of some rifles but I'm not going down to the one 308 Winchester and a 22LR.

I guess the question I have is where do you list, post, or go to sell your firearms and hunting and fishing equipment? Anybody done an estate type sale on firearms and get a price for all that you want to sell at once? Or do you list them in the classifides or put one in the local gun shop on consignment every now and then?

Any suggestions?

Harry