Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Anyone trying to detain someone for suspected burglary or theft that doesn’t have stolen property on their person is opening themselves up for trouble. I’ll be damned if I’ll risk my life and future over a “suspected” stolen drill or saw or nail gun or ????….property crimes generally don’t rise to the standard of deadly force in my book. I don’t play neighborhood vigilante nor do I fancy myself captain America, others are welcome to do whatever they want but they need to remember that this is the potential outcome for sticking your neck out over a tool.

I don’t know if I agree with the verdict because I didn’t hear everything presented at trial but I’m not surprised that this is the outcome. I didn’t think it was smart when they did it and this verdict reaffirms my initial gut instinct.

Call the cops and maybe keep them in sight until the cops arrive.

Exactly. I can see following at a safe distance and updating dispatch with locations but I’ll be damned if I am initiating a “felony stop”.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~