Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by EddieSouthgate
I have a BLR 81 in steel , a .358 Winchester that was my dads and I'll never get rid of . I really do not have a favorite deer rifle or cartridge but I do have many favorites . I have trimmed my hunting rifles numbers over the last few years to the point that I only have the favorites left plus a few new favorites I have added . Deer hunting in my immediate area is usually 50 yard and under shots , anything I own will easily do that.

The rifle I have probably killed the most deer with is a late production 788 carbine in .243 . Not sure exactly how long I have had it but it's been mine a long time . Got a Weaver steel tube 3x9 and my load of choice is 43.5 grains of IMR 4320 and a 100 grain Nosler flat base SP . I have had it longer and shot it more than the Remington model 14 in .35 Remington I just got the other day but I still can't say I like one more than the other.. Would love to have a Savage 99 in .300 or .250-3000 to play with but the price on them has got too high for me .

I'm pretty sure this is a typo, and you've made it more than once.

34.5 maybe?

Thank you , You are correct . I'll see if I can find the others and correct them also .

Grumpy old man with a gun.....Do not touch .
Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
Don't bother my monument and I'll leave yours alone.