Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Originally Posted by memtb
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Originally Posted by memtb
Originally Posted by LBP
223, 22-250 or 243 definitely nothing bigger for deer.

Unless longer ranges are involved, these offer velocities high enough to make a lot of bloodshot meat. Any waste of meat on a Whitetail …..is too much meat loss! JMO

Larger, slower will kill effectively without the bloodshot meat! memtb
Although I agree in principle, that hasn't been my experience. Maybe bullets used matter more than anything.

Perhaps a bit of both! Equally placed the bloodshot will generally be greater with the higher velocities. Obviously, a highly frangible bullet while create more shallow tissue damage, whereas a heavy slow mover will make a longer wound channel. Though, the longer wound channel through tissue doesn’t necessarily mean more blood shot meat! JMO. memtb
My dogs will look at you with the saddest faces if they find out you're trying to school me on bloodshot meat reduction. One may attempt to bribe you.

Now that’s funny right there! 👍 memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024