I’m back to “What’s the first rifle you had that was accurate and always worked well?”
I can only think of a couple of times what I’d call a failure has happened to me, but it was poor choice of bullets, not cartridges
I shot an antelope 6 times through the chest with 105 grain 6mm bullets before he dropped. His rack is in my gun room. Those bullets did very little damage. The first bullet hit him as he was doing his morning stretch and he ran around me as I kept firing.
The second failure was with a 30-06 and 165 grain bullet on a doe. The bullet hit the shoulder and never entered the chest cavity.
Those were a couple of my first cartridge/rifles. I like them both!

I’d like to have a rifle chambered in every cartridge ever made. I won’t, but I’d like too. I’m trying.

The difference between the cartridges we’ve been discussing don’t mount to a hill of beans as far as deer cartridges.

I am trying to take a different rifle and cartridge out deer hunting each year. The smallest was a 22-250. The largest was a 300 Win Mag. The smallest deer I ever shot was at maybe 5 yards with that 300. It startled me and I shot it as it jumped out of bed. My hunting buddies somehow don’t ever forget that occasion

If you’re hunting out of a stand and you’re shooting maximum 100 yards just about anything from a 357 revolver on up will work. If you’re hunting the plains and the Mule Deer you’re trying to get is 300 yards with a 30 MPH side wind and you are not going to get closer you’ll want something bigger/better. Some might say it’s the 270, some will say it’s the 7mm RM.

Just to be safe get a 8mm Rem Mag or a 300 RUM and you’ll be covered for everything. (🙄).

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally