Originally Posted by moosemike
The one I remember used 130 Core Lokt. It was what his guide told him to bring. He was happy with the results

I've been in on the taking of moose, and have certainly taken and seen taken a lot of elk. I've said it before, I've seen more elk taken with the 270/130-whatever factory load than any other single combo. While not as big, I think elk are bit hardier than moose, and I'd have no hesitation sticking a bull moose behind the shoulder with a 130 Corelockt from a 270. Wouldn't be my first choice (I'd load a 130 or 150 Partition), but I know it would work based on what I've witnessed with elk. Friend of mine who grew up in the bush in AK, living off the land, uses a 280 Rem with 139 Hdy's for everything. No different than a 270/130 except for mouse turd sifters.

If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue... smile

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery