Originally Posted by Brad
John yes, I have Aagaard's Africa. In fact I was in the middle of it when my son was born on a cold December night in 1992. I marked the page I was on, with the date and time of his arrival in the world. It'll go to him when I'm gone. Berit kindly offered to autograph it for me, and I might just send it off to her for that.

Finn was the voice of common sense and reason as I was coming up in the gun/hunting world. Of course I read JO too, but Finn had so much experience, was such a practical old Norwegian, as well as an honest reporter of experience, that I really took to him. A decade or so after I found Finn in the 80's, I stumbled onto this guy from Montana who struck me similarly... and of course, that's you!

Thanks for sharing the above. My hunting experience is far more limited than yours or Finn's, but even in my lean experience I've come to regard the endless cartridge/bullet debates as entertaining, but detached from reality. Put a good bullet in the right spot and its lights out, and I'd be perfectly happy with a 270 and any number of bullets to arrive at that end.
And just like that, there was no more point in being a rifle loony.

Okie John

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.