Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by beretzs
You aren’t kidding.

While I like Partitions there are so many great bullets out there now doting on one bullet is crazy.

You bet man, i even went several rungs lower, old Larry at midway would only sell me three boxes, they came in yesterday, 140gr Speer Grand Slams for my little lightweight 6.5 Swede hunting rifle, i'm more than confident that 2800 fps and +3 at 100 will zero around 260-270 yards and wont be more than 18 inches down at 400, that little bullet will blow through any deer or pig i'd ever point it at, and only 19 bucks a box.

We have a chit-ton of 30 cal 200-220gr partitions, 338 cal 250 a-frames, 358 cal 250gr partitions and 310gr Weldcores, 3, 4, and 500 grain partitions, a-frames, 570, 600 and 750gr Welcores, Barnes banded flat nosed solids and TSX's for the big stuff, that Swede and my 7x57 chunking the 175gr grand Slams will do more than fine on light big game animals.

I used to have a "chit ton" of 200gr partitions, but I turned around one day and they were all gone!!! I don't know how that happens???.. I just sold 200 .338 250 grainers though. Those are great bullets, but I have a bunch of .338 pills. I'll never shoot what I have in my lifetime. I don't use my 338wm much. Its one of my favorite cartridges, but I'd rather shoot the 6.5 Creedmire in the off season. Sometimes you just got to be sensible. ha ha... I was looking at some of my long range targets and it appears I've been shooting the wrong 6.5 these last few months. That's alright though. Hey gunner, those grandslams are great bullets. A lot of guys I used to hang out with in OR used to use them elk hunting. Oddly enough in their 270's. My gunsmith was one of those guys. He swore by the 130's. I asked why he didn't use the 150's and he said, "because the 130's work so well I hadn't given it a thought"...

LOL buddy BSA, funny how those bullets disappear, but they damn sure do, must mean we're getting old a shoot a lot more than we remember huh? ; ]

Good to know about the 130 GS's, i have a box and a half of the old 150 GS's for my 270's, always thought the 150 npt may be tougher, i may have been wrong, still have one box of old 175's for my 7x57, i think the 140's will do great in the Swede, 10 boxes of 285's from Grafs a few years back has utility shooting with 375 H&H well covered, any man has a doubt, load it to a light 2550 fps like a 300gr round nose, the 285 being bonded and pointed should penetrate plenty deep and be flat enough for some 350 yard hunting of all soft skin game.

Trump Won!