Wow! been having fun with a new 45 Super i sprung up, just bought the Springfield Garrison from HilhamHawk, Thanks Troy, it has a forged steel slide and grip frame along with ramped stainless match barrel, i ordered some parts from Wilson Combat and directly from Wolff Springs.

The setup:

Full length Wilson Combat guide rod
28lb Wolff recoil spring
X-tra power firing pin spring that came with recoil spring
Wilson Combat flat bottom firing pin stop
25lb Wolff hammer spring

I installed these yesterday afternoon, last night before dark i fired factory Mag-Tech 230gr ball and my old 45 ACP +P 230gr FMJ-FP load, it runs 1000 fps, the pistol worked fine with both loads locking the slide back at last shot, brass was 5 and 9 feet off right shoulder, i was happy, recoil was next to nothing.

I had it in my mind i wanted to shoot a HP bullet in this pistol, also knew it needed to be tough, thought was, standard 45 ACP hp's driven at Super velocities wont fare well in penetration, integrity and retained weight, so last week bought two boxes of the tough 200gr FTX bullet meant for the 460 S&W and 2100 fps, i checked powder burn rate charts and picked 10gr 800X powder, snipped the red tips off and loaded to 1.225" col, rounds fed like a greased glass rod, loaded in new Starline 45 Super brass lit with old white box Winchester large pistol primers, the ones for standard or mag loads, the load clocked 1257 fps, brass was 16 feet off right shoulder, no smileys, dents, bulges etc, brass and primers looked great at this level, no firing pin swipe etc either.

Filled two 5 gal buckets with water, shot into them lengthways, bullet punched out the back of bucket one to hit the second and bounced back in, retained weight was near 198 grains, expansion measured .748 inch, perfect! shot two off knee seated on shop slab at 25 yards, around an inch apart, with 6 o'clock hold on bottom of Redfield big diamond, i can work with that.

Light for caliber yes, and only a random powder charge picked, but i'm happy with this setup, if a man wanted to get serious, a good hardcast 255-275gr flat nose with 22 BHN alloy at 1150 fps would certainly bring home the bacon.

Trump Won!