Gunner, good deal on your Super, I think you'll really enjoy it.

I just finished putting another Super together, this time a Glock 21.

I had put it together with another brand barrel, the the throat was so short in that one that performance was, for lack of a better word, compromised. There were a couple of other small things I didn't like, too.

OALs with two bullets I like to shoot in the Super were shortened quite a bit. I normally seat the Missouri Bullet Company's 255 grain bullet at 1.26" in my 1911 Super, but max in this barrel was 1.8". The Montana Bullet Works 250 grain LFN GC is normally seated at 1.24" in my 1911 (this is to allow the meplat to clear the ejection port, not a throat issue), but max was 2.02".

This barrel will go to CylinderHone to address that issue.

Meanwhile, I bought a KKM Precision barrel. That came in yesterday. The throating in this barrel will allow the original OALs to be used and allow interchangeability of the ammo between my 1911 and M21 Glock.

The "other " barrel is SBN treated, and as a result, is rough. Velocities indicated pressure was elevated and as hard as an SBN barrel is, I don't know how long it'll be before it smooths out. The KKN is very smooth, the compensator felt like it was spinning on bearings when I installed it. I'm really impressed with this barrel and hope shooting it is not a disappointment.

Looking to get 1035 to 1050 fps with the MBW 250 LFN GC. That looks to be doable with fairly mild pressure and the chamber looks to support the case very well.

Now, If Starline will get the backorders on Super brass out of the way, I'd be happy. I'd like to have a couple hundred more cases cause I may wear out the ones I have now!

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Last edited by Vic_in_Va; 07/24/22. Reason: add pic