I'm going to try the MBC 215s, I've run them at ACP level loads and like the idea. They would be sufficient for anything around here and getting them to 1100 to 1150 fps wouldn't be too stressful, probably much less so than the 255s. Extrapolation on QL from the small amount of data I have is encouraging, the bullet has a nice meplat and is sufficiently hard, plus being coated. Recoil is probably lighter, too. Once I found an OAL that my pistol liked, they've run slicker'n Snake Snot.

I agree on the price. MBW makes a nice bullet and they're proud of them.

AA7 is what I'm using, it has given very good results so I'm going to continue using it. I may try PP at a later date more as a curiosity than anything, I've use a lot of AA7 over the years and have confidence in it.

My goal is to eventually develop a load with the MBW 250, but I'll substitute until I get all the legwork done andthen fine-tune a load for it. It has the right meplat size, weight, and hardness for defense from bear/pig, at least it looks very comforting to me and is what I'd like to use. That would be my carry load while in the great outdoors. Though that 215, if it penetrates good enough, would be all I need around my house for what we have here. Bear are the biggest animals, but have been no danger to me. Feral dogs (especially) and coyotes have been the most trouble.