Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va
Originally Posted by gzig5
Well, I can tell you that the Longshot loads I shot were well beyond balls to the wall and the brass wasn't hurt so the barrel has pretty good support. Appeared to be close to proof loads, no dimple in the fired primer. Not sure what I did but I'm going to revisit that powder later.

I really liked how the Rowland I had shot and how well the comp worked, I just didn't think it was as well put together as I wanted. The Clark kit should be better when I get there. I have 200 Rowland cases and that should hold me on the high pressure end. I think you can shoot ACP in the Rowland chamber? I know that my Rowland barrel was deep chambered by nearly .080" and the Rowland case was hanging off the extractor hook for headspace, so ACP wouldn't be much different. That was one of the reasons I got rid of it. Any experience with ACP in the Rowland chamber?

I have heard of using .45 ACP in a Rowland, but I'm just not a big fan of the case depending on the extracter holding it in place. I'd also be aware of a carbon ring developing in the chamber.

Agree with your comments. Not a fan of it hanging off the hook either, but that is how Rowland chambers his barrels. The 460 chamber was way deep. Got a bit pissy when I brought it up with him.

Last edited by gzig5; 10/29/22.