Went out and shot Glock #2 today.

It is also a KKM-barrel equipped pistol, this one is threaded for a suppressor so it has 5/8 x 24 threads instead of the proprietary size/pitch of the KKM barrel equipped with a KKM compensator, and is also 3/8" longer. This barrel is equipped with a Carver Custom 4-port compensator, recoil spring is a 24-lb NDZ captured unit.

Load #1 was my baseline load, Starline brass, 10 grains AA7, WLR primer, and a MBC 255 Pinbuster at 1.18" OAL. For all intents and purposes, data was right in line with the other KKM barrel, indicating consistency in manufacture.

Numbers for this barrel/load were 1018 fps, indicating pressure is 25391 psi according to QL and everything adjusted to reflect actual weight, length, etc. Ejection was about 4 to 5 feet, recoil was not at all objectionable. The Carver comp works very good!

The ogive on this bullet allows longer OALs, so I extended that to 1.252" and increased the charge to 11.3 grains. Results are 1073 fps, pressure (QL) is estimated at 25,040 psi. That's a good increase in velocity at essentually the same pressure, of course at the cost of a little more powder. Ejection was the same. An increase in OAL to 1.26" would net, according to QL, velocity of about 1055 fps and a corresponding drop in pressure to app. 24.7 Kpsi. The Glock mags will accomodate that length.

.45 ACP-level loads dropped the cases at my feet.

I'll say that, though it is large, the Carver Custom 4-port comp really calms slide velocity down, and recoil is not bad at all, quite mild if you're used to a .44 mag revolver. A person could deliver pretty fast aimed fire with this load/pistol.

Now, barrels will be sent to CylinderHone for some massaging. This means I'll have to shoot these pistols some more.....bummer grin