Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by gunner500
Thanks again JWP, i appreciate it Sir, you know, the more i think about it, that tough 200gr FTX would make a damn solid SD carry bullet load, may really excel on barriers and heavy clothing etc.

Agreed, should be a good SD bullet

I believe that more now than when i first posted, Hornady website says it has a hard core with antimony and a thicker copper jacket, i broke off two petals with pliers and tried to pry the core loose from the jacket with small flathead screwdriver, it's hanging on tight, i'm just glad i could get some good expansion at a lowly 1250 fps compared to the 460 S&W's 2100 fps+

Get on it OEH, these guns are fun, you know, the 1911 45 ACP's remind me of a 426 Hemi engine, you can drive around just fine with 500 HP and a light tune, or go BTTW with 1200 HP on pump gas and cruise town all night long, power in reserve with both platforms. smile

LOL GF1, i am here to help ; ] i have a like 10mm too, with either, 10mm hardcast with 200-220's or 45 Super with hardcast 255-275's they will both get it all done as far as keeping wayward critters uninterested in your hide, both great cartridges.

And since i dont have pressure testing eq, i mic'd an unsized factory stick of brass, then a FL sized new stick and got .471" on both, mic'd the three fired cases from today unsized at .473 inch, a whole 0.002" case head expansion says pressures are very reasonable with this load, went and mic'd some +P loaded standard WW fired brass at 474.5, so yes, i have been firing hotter loads all along in 45 ACP +P, different pistol, but i dont think that Baer is going to have any slope.

Trump Won!