What I did with my 21 is: KKM barrel, NDZ 24 lb Recoil spring, and extra power mag springs, to start with.

I like to use a compensator to reduce slide speed, though really not needed at sane Super pressures.

The KKM barrel I'm using now has their proprietary compensator on it, but I have ordered another KKM with supressor threads to accomodate a Carver Custom 4-port comp, and both barrels will eventually be sent to CylinderHone to have some work done on the throating. This will do two things, make the throating more ammenable to cast bullets and second, allow a longer OAL with some bullets that tend to need a shorter OAL. This has the effect of lowering pressure over the original throating at a given velocity or higher speed at max pressure.

I look for <8 feet ejection, saves frame battering. Comps really help with that. They are loud and ugly, but work.

If the 41 were mine, I'd look at a KKM threaded barrel and have CylinderHone massage it, Carver custom 4-port comp, NDZ 24-lb recoil spring (captured), and some extra-power magazine springs, though the mag springs are really not needed if slide velocity is kept sane. I just like the assurance.

A 255 grain hardcast bullet at 1050 fps gives a good balance of power but quick recovery for repeat shots, and penetrate really good.

One thing I don't know yet is: Will the pistol cycle ACP loads with the 4-port comp? If not, I'll change the recoil spring to a stock-weight one. The 2-port comp dribbles ACP loads at my feet. I just don't know if the faster powders used in an ACP load generate enough gas to make that a concern, but I'll find out.

There, that should be clear as mud....grin