Originally Posted by mark shubert
Whoever is behind them taking the pic's.
If the photographer is one of the group, he is o the wrong side of the road - as were others in the previous pic.
Evidently, crossing the centerline is OK for bicyclists, but not motorists?
Are bicyclists required to stay as far right as feasible, when there is no designated bike lane?

When I look at those pictures, I see arrogance on display.

FWIW, I have nothing against bicyclists who do it right - but that seems to be a rare breed, anymore.

It is most likely that it is a member of their group or another cyclist taking the photo. My point is that there is no need to imagine that those cyclists are creating a problem. Almost all states use the words "far right as practicable." Not possible. That language was purposefully chosen. It allows the cyclist to take a position at other places on the road for a number of reasons. For example when I ride, I ride pretty much center lane. It makes me more visible to others, it makes drivers less likely to do a brush pass, and it makes them more likely to treat me like traffic. Once I am confident a vehicle coming up from behind sees me, I ease over an they go around without delay. If I ride with another person or a group, I'll ride side by side. That's allowed in every state whose bicycle law I have read. Riding side by side makes us "easier to see" for those who might claim a bicyclist is "hard to see." Again, when traffic comes up from behind, I accommodate them.

I reckon someone will see that as arrogant. I can only say that I won't apologize for riding a bicycle on the road, I won't take kindly to being bullied and I do care about those I share the road with and will work cooperatively with them.