Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
What about sisterfugk Texas?

I am sure they have it bad too.

This thread has been hilarious. A thread about a drunk plowing into a family quickly, predictably, devolves into bicycle bashing. Of course I'll show up to do my part. The thread drifts and photos of bicyclists on the road are served up as proof of how stupid they are and how they are breaking the law. When pressed to describe exactly who the pictured cyclists were affecting, nobody could. No surprise there. My contention is, and the reality is, that bicyclists on the road are the least of any drivers issues and that most of the issues exist in the imagination.

Well, we come to find out that the road the cyclists were on was closed to motor vehicle traffic that day. LOLOLOL. The motorists that were imagined to be impacted weren't even allowed on the road that day. Then those perpetually aggrieved anti-cyclists moved the target to "well, they weren't affecting anyone, but it was a perfect example of the horrors we face behind the wheel every day." LOLOL. I don't need anyone to say "yeah, Paul, you were right" (I know I am) but the manly thing to do is say, "you got us this time Paul." But nope, then it all becomes about "Paul is mean" "Paul is arrogant" "Birdwatcher cucks up to us antis, and Paul won't."

Along the way, I dangled some bait that got hit impressively hard.

Then there is always this value in these discussions. In a forum full of the manliest, toughest, freedom loving people on earth, we learn that they want to suppress a cyclist's legal right to be on the road, and they think we should be scared [bleep] to ride on the road. I kinda get the latter. They do drive after all.

Paul,

While I know the driver was in the wrong, I'm still glad some bicyclists got hit by a car.

Apologies for not being more clear.

Dave

lolololololol