Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by krp
All we hear about is car/bicycle accident and just assume it's always the car's fault, but I bet that's far from accurate. Any stats on which get ticketed in an accident?

Kent

The statistics are skewed. On account of, very few cyclists survive to be ticketed.

Earlier before I got the grandkids I searched for the answer for 15 minutes, nothing on the percentage stat, but many more injuries than deaths.

Anyway I skimmed over AZ, CA, IL and FL bike laws, one of them stated, I think IL, the farther out in the lane the cyclist is in an accident the more the responsibility is shared legally... found that interesting considering Paul's advice to ride well out in the lane.

Kent

You should have read what I actually wrote rather than what you wanted my words to say. I am out in the lane until a car approaches, then I move over once I am reasonably sure I have been seen.

What you are saying about a cyclist's responsibility in IL doesn't quite add up. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that there was a reading comprehension issue there as well.