Originally Posted by Yoder409
Originally Posted by LFC
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Here's a more modern kill....mid 1960s 3 lug Sako 7mm mag. Browns Precision stock with a 3.5-10x56 Schmidt and Bender shot at 465 yards.

Go ahead and call me a liar.

Nice rack.

I have NO IDEA if you're telling the truth or not. So I wouldn't call you a liar. The 465 yard thing is EXACTLY why I quit hunting deer with a centerfire. It's definitely a personal decision and to each his own. But shooting a deer that isn't even in the same zip code with a precision rifle isn't my cup of tea. I love shooting paper and steel at distance (we have 100, 200, 300, 600 and 700 yard targets at the farm. I've got a couple rifles that will run the 600 and 700 yard steel (7" round of T-1 armor plate) til I get bored with it. Shooting a deer out there wouldn't do a thing for me. That's what groundhogs are for.
You ain't going to be shooting any deer from 465 yards where I hunt no matter what rifle you use. Probably 98% of all the deer I've killed in my life were inside 100 yards and easily 80% inside 75. Last year I killed six and 5 of them were inside 65 yards with the closest at 17, which is about par. I've by far killed the most with my old {1949} 94 Winchester and Marlin 336 .30-30's.