Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Smallest and lightest, by a lot.
Did you INVENT Titanium also?
I understand why you might think that based on all my other acomplishments, but no.

I did invent the first 4 oz effective centerfire suppressor, so I got that going for me.

Which is nice. grin
No you didn’t.

Stop lying.
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Originally Posted by jackmountain
Dumb question John, isn’t the point of a suppressor, to reduce noise? Size and weight are moot if it doesn’t reduce decibels to the point it’s safe to shoot sans hearing protection? Why bother otherwise. The threads on long range hunting all have the same comments, that it doesn’t reduce noise enough to negate the use of protection.

Not dumb at all.

OSHA considers 140 DB at the ear an acceptable amount of sound to which I can subject my employees.

My 4 oz Ti on a 6.5mm CM bolt gun has 140 DB at the shooters ear.

For spotters slightly further away we are way down in the 130 DB range.

I understand why some may want more suppression but how much weight will you tolerate on a hunting rifle?

Shooters ear numbers on an AR which is hard to get good shooter ear suppression. It's the little numbers LZMax. 139.5 DB.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

I own a few but not an expert on suppressors or how the values are measured. Most makers list “at the muzzle” numbers. Is this the same as what you’re calling “at the shooters ear”? If so, then 140 isn’t terrible comparatively. A cheap Silencerco Harvester, that I own, takes a .308 down to 135db. Honestly I’ve never noticed the weight one bit. POI change with and without it mounted is my biggest gripe.