Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Originally Posted by jackmountain
First game animals ever killed with the 6.5 Creed?
Maybe it’s true, but I’d like to see the proof.

You think Creedmoor ammo and rifles chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor were all over the place and others were already shooting elk and coyotes with hunting bullets loaded by Hornady in a factory?

The 6.5 Creedmoor was first developed for an across the course match round.

The first match rifle chambered for the 6.5 Creedmoor was chambered by my gunsmith, Score High. Hornady sent him their ORIGINAL REAMER to chamber a match rifle for my buddy who is a heavily sponsored shooter, who shoots for Hornady. They also sent cases of match ammo.

Maybe JB can confirm, but I’m guessing Hornady wanted to delve into the hunting market shortly after, and contacted him in a similar fashion, sent a reamer and handloaded ammunition with HUNTING BULLETS before the factory was producing them. He’s clearly stated that his help with the development of the round was on the hunting side, which only makes sense to anyone who can fuqcking read.

So three paragraphs and a lot of anger, but you offer no proof of his claim that it was THE FIRST game animals taken with a rifle chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor, just postulation and conjecture. Got it.