Originally Posted by Swamplord
The 180 gr Factory ammo at the time was loaded hot, right around 3320 fps according to my Gamma Master Chrony , and I absolutely loved it ! Finally a cartridge worthy of Long Range Hunting ...

With a case full of Reloader 25 and 200 gr Accubond bullets it laid waste to some fantastic bull moose since , at ranges my old '06 royally pissed me off at ....

I'm not one to say you're wrong at all for a cartridge or hunting style choice...but you do realize that a given bullet's velocity gap between two starting speeds decreases the further downrange you get, right?

That is to say, your 200 Accubond at 3200 FPS (.300 RUM) is only going 1751 FPS at 1000 yards, where if you started that bullet at 2700 FPS (.30-06) at 1000 yards that bullet is going 1419 FPS. That cuts the 500 FPS head start at the muzzle down to only a 332 FPS difference.

As for this:
Originally Posted by Swamplord
The 300 RUM does the same at 500 yards as the '06 at the muzzle ...... so in other words (& math) the 300 RUM is the same as the 400 yard '06 at 900 yards
I am not sure where your math here is coming from....as it just simply isn't adding up. There's nothing wrong with the RUM...rock on...but it isn't quite as magical as you're making it out to be at long range, unless you're just referring to recoil and muzzle blast.