Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
We spent the night before the hunt comparing notes with Rost495 and having a decidedly crappy dinner at a place called ‘The Cave’. They were generous with the name. ‘The Dump’ would’ve been more appropriate, where they pride themselves in their lousy, expensive food and horrible service. A couple of wildly overcooked burgers (we’d ordered them medium rare) and a few drinks only cost me about a hundred bucks.

Even better when you been eating mtn house meals for a few days.. well that’s what I been told.. one day I will get to delta jct and visit..

Aren't you (Nugget) the guy who suggested I not admit that I was out of Boston when I was out there chasing bison? Sheeit. One of the local restaurant owners and town assemblymen or whatever is originally out of Maine and has family in Newburyport, MA, where my folks live. He offered to get me permission to hunt 'closed' private areas if we needed. That dude (Ken Greenleaf, originally out of Maine, 25 year Army vet who now owns the Big Delta Brewing Company) and I have loose plans to fish locally when he gets back home for visits.

Another guy, one who granted permission for us to hunt his land, has a 978 area code listed as a contact. When SD and I met him at his residence to talk about hunting bison on his land, discovered that Bob and I knew some of the same families on the MA south shore. When he explained where he was originally from (Marshfield, MA) I asked him if he knew the Roth family. He responded with, 'I went to HS with Kenny and George'. So much for your creepy prediction. I didn't even have to pretend I was an Eskimo...