Decided to cut off the meat between rib bones and make a little kabob meal. I had them at a the top of the freezer and they're big and a bit unwieldy, so wanted to get to those first.Not a whole lot of meat on a quarter rib cage, but I wasn't about to waste it. As a quick aside, SD was of the opinion that the bull I killed was badly emaciated. I wouldn't be able to comment one way or the other but trust his judgment. When we were butchering the bull in SD's kitchen, I saw there was some internal fat, but not much. With emaciation being the case or not, the flavor of the meat is flat out amazing.

I opined earlier that the raw product smells like sweet beef. That's exactly how it tasted. I chose to toss most of the rib meat for this meal in a Korean BBQ marinade, but I made it a point to do a couple of skewers with nothing but salt to judge flavor. I cooked them way on the rare side of medium rare. I'm an extremely happy chappy. The girls got a bunch of rib raw rib bones cut up and in the freezer to enjoy from time to time. 197 pounds left to work with and enjoy. wink

Thanks again to all for reading, posting on the thread and PMing me, and of course, a very special thanks again to all the AK rogues who made this hunt an incredible reality. A high-caliber adventure where memories were made to last and enjoy for a lifetime.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Yes, I removed most of the gristle/silverskin seen in the marinade before skewering.