Originally Posted by las
I believe Leighton when he said the bison ducked.

I brained a moose (he of the doubles of tines) at about 50 yards, same deal. The bullet was meant for the spine just behind his ears, but he started to duck and turn just as I shot.. When I skinned his head out, a chunk of bone the size of my palm came off the top of his skull with the skin. The brain just sort of fell out. Lights out!

I'll take it.

Actually, no my man, I don't believe the bull 'ducked', but in watching the video on SD's phone several times, I'm convinced it turned his head to his left just before impact. If I didn't make it crystal clear before, I'm not blaming anyone but myself for a poor shot. Exoneration is not what I'm seeking or asking for, and never did. In fact that had nothing to do with bugger all. My shot didn't strike the animal anywhere near where it was found I had hit him. I got lucky, period. I would however, love to be able to view the video on a proper computer screen at least. Maybe I'm wrong about the bull turning his head just before impact. Maybe what I saw was the head turning as a *result* of impact. I dunno'. Maybe SD will acquire a fuggin' cheap USB cable and simply download the video to his computer and send it to me to upload to YT and post, and maybe he won't. Time will tell... wink