Ah, sweet, sweet redemption. wink

Today I received a box from Anchorage. In it was my bison robe and cleaned and bleached skull, and horns. Guess what? SD was wrong, and I was right about that bull turning into my shot. How do I know this? Because there's a ~.375" hole in the bull's face just inside his left eye socket. There is also a corresponding hole about an inch in diameter in the back of the skull, right where the skull meets the first vertebra--the one that the buys discovered was shattered by the TSX. The bullet went into the face, through the sinuses, out the skull and directly into the spine. Still a horrible effort on my part, but I'd be lying if I said that seeing that didn't make me feel just a wee bit better. That bison swung hard to the left just before the bullet hit him.

I recall when we were taking the bull apart my asking why blood had spilled out of the bull's mouth and nose, being that I hadn't poked a lung. The answer I got was, well, wrong. The blood was coming out the nose and mouth because that fat bullet went into his face and followed gravity's path.

To those couple of guys on this thread who after seeing the video I posted of the kill shot agreed that the bull turned into the shot a split second before dropping? You were right. wink

That shot was taken at only around 250 yards. Makes me think that long range shots (for me, that's anything over maybe 400) and the accompanying bullet flight times can make for some bad results, even if the shot itself--when taken--was perfect. Critters move.

Anyway, food for thought, maybe. Sorry this isn't a 'have you ever...' type post.

Last edited by kamo_gari; 01/23/23.