No teasing going on here, Aces. Not my thing. I've just been banging away segments as I have time. Lots on my plate. Putting the kind of trip we had together with details into a story I'm happy with, sorting through hundreds of images, uploading them, etc., takes a little time. I guess I could've waited to post until I was done writing it all up, but chose not to.

*******************************************************************************************

The lads looked pretty intense as we we hunkered down amongst the brush and tree line waiting for me to make the ultimate call. I looked at them both and grinned widely as I stifled a giggle. So serious! A few things were quickly thought about and tossed out. First, if we pulled out and didn't find another bull, chances were that Rost495, a guy who'd put so much effort in for me and gone through so much trouble, might not get to be a part of the big show. That bothered me. I don't take things like people going far out of the way for me and mine lightly. Second, the weather was calling for up to seven inches of snow for the following day. I didn't know how that might affect the herds. Third, well, there was a chance at a perfectly good bison just a short stalk away, and the old 'bird in hand' gnawed at me for a few moments. Screw it. We're going in.

We spent another couple of minutes glassing the target bull, one that had decided to lay back down. He's the third from the right in the bottom series of pics below. You can also see what we figured was the matriarch of the herd staring intently at where we were holed up.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I left everything but the rifle and the sticks behind. Rost495 would be along with his rifle and his rangefinder/binos. The plan was to get as close to the bull as we could, moving as deftly and unaggressive looking as we could. 'Just a couple of lost farm boys passing through here, ladies and gents. No need to pay us any mind at all, no siree!' We'd get as close as the herd, or the target bull would allow, rather, get set up on the sticks as quickly as possible for the shot and take him if we could. Rost495 would follow behind me in single file and whisper out ranges and suggest angle of approach. SD would stay back, tucked into the bush. I wish I'd have pulled out my real camera and asked SD to film in video mode, but he did manage to get footage of the stalk. Maybe one of these days he'll get it off his damned phone and share it with me... wink