kamo gari;
Good evening to you my cyber friend, I hope that the rest of the day matched the package from Alaska arriving.

If I didn't say it looked to me like it moved, I meant to because when I watched the video on the fairly large screen I've got, that's what I saw.

Regarding things going wrong on shots that aren't even all that far.....

One of the longer shots I took at an unwounded mulie was this one, who I could see was bunched up and ready to move, but I'd hunted hard for a few seasons looking for a buck this age class and felt I "deserved" it so I took the shot.

I was prone resting on a stump so the rest was good for a lung shot, but between the time it took my brain to tell the finger to pull, the lock time of the rifle, the bullet's flight - 165gr BT out of a .308 Norma at 3100fps - it turned into a liver/gut shot Leighton.

We chased that thing into a blowdown shin tangle canyon nightmare where I hit it again about an hour later.

It turned into a further nightmare when buddy who had just got out of surgery fell on the fresh snow, so we got one back leg out, went down the mountain to get some help and returned in the dark with his two teenage sons and my usual hunting partner.

My face sort of tells the story here of how happy I am with myself over it all Leighton.

[Linked Image]

Anyways I am truly glad you got that bison and that you shared the hunt story with us as well as these latest post mortem results.

Hopefully it's okay I shared my story as another example of "stuff happening" sometimes when we hunt.

Best to you all.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"