Great stuff Jerry.

I actually just ordered 150 Hawks today. 100 350s and 50 400s. At just over $1 each they are actually a pretty affordable option…and they will be shipped next week after their production run.

I went with the 0.035” jacket. Hoping they feed well and are reasonably accurate. The ability to match the jacket to the game seems appealing if they will shoot to the same POI.

Sounds like they should open up down to 1600 fps or so…maybe less. That gives a little extra range for a guy shooting a stubby rifle at modest velocities.

My rifle feeds best with a shorter OAL so I had to back off some powder charges to avoid overpressuring. Velocities still seemed decent when I shot over the chrono yesterday afternoon with Reloder 10x (thanks Mainer) and a 360 North Fork. The extra freebore compensating for the capacity loss????

Pressures seemed good in the 2225-2275 range with sized, trimmed, and annealed Virgin QC brass. Stepped up to a tad over 2300 and the primer was flat. Never had any extraction or bolt lift issues.

Decided to be kind to the brass and stuck at 2225 which will keep the NF above 1800 fps to 200 yards. The shoulder is closer to .459” with these loads and a little sharper versus the 210s I was using with H4198 which made a .458” shoulder on non-annealed R-P .35 Whelen brass.

Sighted in 2-3 inches high and it is point and click out to a bit over 200 yards.

After hunting season will play with other combos for velocity and accuracy.

This rifle really is a pussycat with the 360s at 2225. I shot it interchanging with my .358 Norma today and would take the .400 everytime. Just a much more pleasant recoil impulse.

Lined up permission today on a farm with lots of deer. After thanksgiving hoping to shoot 2 or 3 does with this combo.