Man that's great stuff MR, congrats on the deer and maiden voyage with your 400 Whelen, yours has done exactly as mine has, puts game down right now, congrats Sir.

Sir Ron, thanks for the load data posting, it could come in handy saving some headaches and expense.

Speaking of headaches, that long 400gr BBW#13 solid load i put up at 3.350" has been kinda bugging me, so today, i took 5 sticks of new brass trimmed to 2.489 inch, drop tubed in 68gr CFE-223, set COL at 3.370 inch, loads ran like greased glass rods in and out of the rifle, i'll chrono and shoot for groups when the weather clears.

68gr's CFE-223 from a drop tube is just up to the bottom of the neck, that long solid seated for 3.370 inch is just barely compressing the powder, no bulges or any problems, if these bullets will run 2250 or better they'll shoot through any heavy game animal, would be kinda cool to go bust a bull Ele with the solids and a lion with a big Woodleigh round nose Weldcore soft, matter of fact, those two animals are all i have left for the Big V completion, hmmmmm ; ]

Trump Won!