Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by memtb
Originally Posted by KillerBee
Originally Posted by memtb
Originally Posted by KillerBee
True enough!

Whenever I am Elk hunting in Grizz country I carry this in my hands and my bow my back.

When I kill and animal in Grizz country and am skinning it out and quartering it, my shotgun is within arms reach!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Much, much better than nutt’n ….especially since you folks can’t (or very difficult) own a handgun! memtb

In this Stupid Country, you can not carry a hand gun for defense, unless you are a trapper I believe.

Besides when it comes to Grizz or a big black bear or Cougar defense I much prefer my Mossy 88 Defender with 5 rounds of 3" Magnum 00 Buckshot than a revolver.

KB

I actually expected that to be your response! A shotgun makes perfect sense for those under handgun restrictions.

However, when doing camp chores, field dressing game, ect., is the shotgun “ALWAYS” at arm’s length. While somewhat unlikely, bear attacks can be almost instantaneous….giving near zero response time to get to the long gun. A handgun can be easily/comfortably carried in a “cross-chest” carry type holster while doing most any chore! Even if downed by the bear…..there is a chance, albeit small, you may be able to access the handgun. That shotgun leaning against a nearby tree….maybe not! memtb

That is exactly what happened to me, bear comes in rifle against a tree out of reach. 475 Linebaugh which was in a shoulder holster did the trick

Unless above timberline (Cascades and North Cascades) I always carry a big bore revolver sidearm, usually a SA.

Not as confident with my 629 as am with my SRH with a heavy projectile.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !