Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by Heavybullets
Manny, I'd be careful about giving the ID. F&G department any additional ideas about how to raise additional revenue ie: raising resident license fees in exchange for raising NR fees. They will do both!!. As an Id. state resident as you are I'm sure you can remember the F&G push for selling a bonus point program a few years ago. Nothing less than a gimmick for raising MORE MONEY for new pickups and building new H.Q. opulent structures for themselves. We have got to vote down every attempt they make to raise more money. That's the only way to control them. Not one lawsuit was filed by the ID. F&G department to object to the Fed,s program on wolf reintroduction that has resulted in our predator pit situation in many parts of the state. Oh, I forget that we now have another GAME animal to manage, Wolves, hire additional biologists, more pickups, helicopter time to count them!!. They knew exactly what the were doing by not fighting the Feds, creating another revenue stream. The last two Directors have been nothing more than Politicians in biologist boots and jeans and I'm sure this new one from the most liberal town in Idaho, Moscow, (next to Ketchum, Maybe ) will turn out to be the same. Lets not give them any more ideas about how to raise more money, they don't need the help!
Good Hunting
Littlejohn

I won’t argue many of Idaho’s F&G downsides, but tag and license prices are set by state legislators, not the game department.

They may or may not take input from the game department when voting on those price changes, but that is a different discussion.
Sometimes the legislature goes around the F&G commission. For years, they banned lighted nocks and expanding heads for archery hunting. Last year someone got the legislature to vote to allow them in spite of the commission's objections. They're now legal in Idaho.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.