Originally Posted by rickt300
[quote=ERK]

Sure what has been put to rest is I despise being gouged and I despise those who are good with it. There should be a break on the federal land, does the state manage the federal land for wildlife?
Yes, state wildlife agencies do habitat work on federal land all the time. Wildlife is public property, and states have been delegated the authority to manage wildlife regardless of private vs public. Congress and the courts have recognized wildlife don't recognize political boundaries.

Importantly, there's not a species, herd, or individual game animal that spends all its time on private or all it's time on public property in the western 2/3's of Colorado--they spend time on both. I have deer, sometimes elk, and occasionally desert bighorns grazing in my pasture in the evenings, and during the day move back onto BLM across the road.

Originally Posted by ERK
Does the state manage wildlife on private property?
Yes. See above.

Originally Posted by ERK
On what basis do you think the state making tags more expensive for NR hunters on either type of property being OK?
As a resident in rural Colorado I give more and sacrifice more for Colorado wildlife than you generally will regardless how much you pay for a license.

Nonresidents come here to hunt and they see deer and elk during a small snapshot in time. They don't see them in the winter, spring, summer. or the majority of the fall. Significant numbers of deer and elk, and to a lesser extent pronghorns, spend the majority of time on private land in the winter and public land in the summer.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.