Originally Posted by TimberRunner
The psyche is interesting.

I suppose the system could be pushed until general unit tag demand from NR is non-existent. It seems like that is the desire, but no one will put a number on it.

I'd suggest at $4K, demand drops precipitously for a general unit tag. Of course, you are probably excluding 90% of NR hunters at that price point.

Maybe it's $5-6K.

Rich man's game at some point.

And there lies the problem. It's a rich mans game and that is no good. There are comments here that even say it should be $2,000 or even $4,000, pay it or stay home... Well, ok , maybe we will stay home, but where would that get the west states? Some here from the west think that the world revolves around elk and deer tags... I got news for them. We ALL need each other. NO? Ok, little story here. I had relatives in central Wis. where my dad was born. I used to hear uncles snicker at me cause I "was from the city"... Guess where they went when they got sick?? Yep, Milwaukee. They said several times, " Don't need nuthin from the city"... As they got in their GMC pickup.... with a Pabst Blue Ribbon in their hand. I got news for anyone here that seems snide that they
"live in elk country". You need us a lot more than we need you, and thats a fact. No? Ok, you'll just shoot elk and raise my beef... YA, you think so? Where will you get your gas? Many think it comes from the gas station down the road... Ya? HAH, that gas comes from the city. The additives, the tires, steel, tranny, oil, gear lube, machined parts made in Milwaukee go all over the world. My BIL, works at a place that makes wire tubing that goes in your heart when you need heart surgery Anyone here have heart surgery? He makes paint sprayers and hundreds of other things. Three miles down the road , we have a little shop that makes ,,,,,, ,, wait for it,, springs ,, yes they ship all over the world. They might be in the tractor , car , lawn mower you have. .. ... and ,,, and as much as I hate Chitcago,,, I admit , I need Chitcago,, and so does everyone on this sight... Why? It gets plain to see if you ever drive through there. Many commenters here think it is just black people killing each other . Going down I 94, there is industry for 50 miles. Yep, from the last farm field you see to the next one you see , is at least 50 miles. If Chitcago fell into Lake Michigan , it would stop the supply chain in this country like you wouldnt believe. I hate to admit this, but then New Orleans, New York City, San Fran And San Diego , Miami. Much of Everything goes through half a dozen cities in this country... OK , you're a farmer, no farmers , no food.. True, then you make the 6' high 2' wide Good Year tires on your farm tractor without anything from the city and do it without ANY subsidies... Deal?? Oh, and that diesel fuel ,,, likely comes from Houston , 4th biggest city in the country.. MAN IS THAT A BIG CITY! The steel , from South Korea, China, Ohio , Pittsgurg ETC.. comes into the ports. I know people who work there and on the rail road to get you supplies. I support them by remodeling and fixing their houses so they can live there. YOU NEED US WAY MORE THAN WE NEED TO HUNT ELK. SO, you have elk huh??? You should be glad to have us come there and hunt elk, cause we could buy most of you out, and live there. OH,, I'm laughing already!! You aint selling? Yes, you are from what I hear, and no one is taking it with them. Later, ihookem.

Last edited by ihookem; 03/15/23.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23