Yes actually people do bitch about those things. Church and high school class ski trips around here went extinct a decade ago because it got too expensive for small town kids to raise the funds to go. I know probably two families that still go on ski vacations as opposed to 12 or 15 from a few years back, they all say it’s gotten too expensive.

I know plenty of guys who have given up golfing due to prices. I’m one of them. I never was any good or really into it, but I’d pay the $22 or whatever our local course fee was for 9 holes and a cart to hang out with my buddies and have a friendly competition and a couple beers. Now it’s $75-100 for an afternoon at the course, not worth it for me.

Hunting is much more important to me than any of the other things you listed so I try harder to make it happen. I get both sides of the argument both hunting out of state every year and living in a state that needs to raise their nonres license fees. But nothing I can do about it on either side but make the best of it.